2007 Europe and Ukraine
This was our first trip, after Trish’s 2005 cancer, and a test of our willingness. Sadly it was unblogged, but many of the elements of future trips were created here. (Kids: Lily 3, Emma 6)
- England was easy but we stayed in a medieval castle for two nights.
- France delivered the spooky catacombs of Paris and trasky Euro-Disney
- Ukraine had the warmest people and the cold ‘beach’ of the Volga river.
The trip that birthed the blog. What started as quick notes and a few photos quickly expanded as our adventures grew more interesting and complicated.
- Complete 2009 Middle East itinerary
- Israel, particularly Jerusalem, is the busiest intersection in history with a real buzz.
- Palestine, propped up with foreign assistance money has Bethlehem and fashionable Ramallah.
- Morocco is a country with dozens of personalities, trying to be everything to everyone.
- Jordan was our favorite for kids and Petra is truly worth the trip.
- Egypt is a land of contrast, dark-light, history-present ,wealth and poverty, water and desert, fun and hassle
- Complete 2009 Mexico itinerary
- Mexico: The Yucatan by car is a kid friendly adventure, with beach, cenotes, Mayan temples to climb and jungle.
- Complete 2010 Italy itinerary
- Italy: Not the roughest destination we’ve ever been to, but we did an epic hike on the Amalfi Coast
- Complete Cancerpalooza itinerary
- Breast Cancer: We didn’t go very far but it was a wild, fun, adventure having cancer. You should try it! Check out the Titty Surgery Party.
- Complete Peru itinerary
- Peru: A classic trip, from amazon basin to the desert Pacific coast and high into the mountains of the Inca – all in 11 days.
- Complete Asia itinerary
- China: One of the globes ultimate travel destinations, China attacks your senses and rewards patience.
- Thailand: Thailand began doing exotic/adventure travel decades ago, but much looks dated. It’s trying to rebuild.
- Cambodia: The warm and charming destination in SE asia. Angkor Wat is the ultimate destination in many ways.
- Africa Itinerary
- South Africa
2013 Islands of the North Atlantic